Sunday, January 16, 2011

* Weight Loss *

The words Weight Loss can be like nails on a chalkboard for me! It is one thing that no one looks forward to and I just wish I could be at the weight I want and that was that. INSTEAD it is something I have to do and everyone that has any weight to lose has to deal with. Sometimes I feel like the little cartoon which made me smile when I saw it. The second picture with the words HELP on it is how I feel a lot of the time which is one thing you have to do when you are starting to lose weight and get healthier. You have to be able to ask for help. If you have questions about the best and healthiest way to go about losing weight and changing your eating styles then you have to be able to ask for Help from anyone you can. It is hard to do alone and having support is a such a huge thing. I am very lucky to have my parents and then of course my Hubby and my Son. My son loves to go for bike rides and to take the puppy for a walk which are great ways to add another workout in and it gets your little ones and your puppy out of the house and outside to run around.
My Husband and I are doing a weight loss competition right now, it started on Thursday. I have to say little competitions like this are great ways to get started and you have a built in support system with them. It's 11 weeks and my goal for that 11 weeks is to lose 20 pounds. I def would be happy if I lost more. My end goal is around 40 pounds but I'm not going to push myself to do that in 11 weeks. The last time I had any weight to lose was over 6 years ago, I was younger and had only had 1 pregnancy. Since then I have had 2 pregnancies, a ton of bed rest and had some health problems. I don't know how my weight loss will go this time around so I really wasn't going to over shoot what I was able to lose and then be disappointed. Say I lose 24 pounds which in 11 weeks is amazing, but if I have my goal at 30 pounds I wouldn't have hit it and then I would've been upset that I didn't hit that goal, but at 20 pounds anything I go over 20 will be an added bonus and if I work as hard as I have been I should be able to hit the 20 pound mark just fine.
The 1st week of doing this I am planning on my weight loss number being a big number. This first week I have cut out Sugar and Gluten. I am Hypoglycemic and most likely have a Gluten Intolerance and this is the way for us to find out so these are 2 things I have to do for my health, if you do not have a gluten problem you shouldn't change to Gluten Free. With cutting these 2 things out, really focusing on what I'm actually eating, drinking a ton more water and getting some great work outs in I should get a bigger number this first week. The most important thing though is if you get a big number that first week to prepare yourself for a low number for awhile, keep working hard and be happy with the numbers you get. Don't get down on yourself if your 2nd week or 3rd week are low numbers or even a 0. It happens, your body is regulating and the most important thing is to stay positive and keep doing what your doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment