Friday, January 28, 2011

Garmin/Week 2 & Injuries

Last night I had Spin class with a new Instructor and it was awesome! Never thought I'd say that about Spin while being one of the many people who have walked past Spin classes for years saying how crazy those people are that are in the class! It was my first class with my new Garmin and Heart Rate monitor! I don't know how I have worked out over all of these years without one. Before I even had my computer logged on the Garmin had uploaded onto my Computer. It showed as my average HR was 153 and my max during the work out was 185. I had about 15 minutes of just spinning my legs out where my heart rate stayed around 100 so that was used to factor in my Average HR so for the real work out the average was a little higher then that. It showed I burned 652 calories. Which I know it's not totally accurate (it is the most accurate on the market and def much better then what a machine at the gym would say) but this will help show me after more work outs which ones I'm getting the best work out in.

I have hurt knees and hip right now so that was better then I thought it would be for a work out. I am really hoping by Monday my knees and hip feel much better so I can start going 100% again! My Hubby hurt his knees as well this week so both of us haven't been able to go near as hard as we would like and we already knew we would be getting low numbers on the scale but they were even lower then expected because of us being hurt. My Hubby is down 1.5 pounds and I am down another 2.2 pounds which puts me at 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks and I am really hoping to keep it around 2 pounds for the rest of the weeks. That would put me at almost a 30 pound weight loss in 11 weeks and only about 10 pounds away from my main end goal weight.
I hope everyone else had a great week 2 and I really hope no one else has an injury. It sure does hold you off BUT you just have to make sure to heal yourself and not push yourself as much as you would when you feel 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment