Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fresh Start

Well its time to start living a healthier life and I'm sure I'm not the only person who is ready to get a healthier more active life! I grew up in a very active household and have been playing sports since I was 4 years old. Before that I was for the most part raised on the UofA Track. Well 3 kids later and with my 3rd pregnancy a total of 6 months of bed rest and a year after that of no working out makes for 18 long months for my body to fall apart! I have along the way tried to start and shortly after starting got a stress fracture in my foot and was back to square one. A few months after that I found out I have a very extreme Vitamin D deficiency along with other vitamin problems. I am now trying to get in 2000iu of Vitamin D a day along with a multi vitamin, Caltrate D, Amino Acid, Iron and I have a feeling I'm forgetting a few!
Let me just say that making sure your body has enough vitamins is huge in feeling better. A lot of these vitamins give you the energy you need to be able to get a good work out in and get you feeling better and more energetic. Instead of having the feeling of I'm just going to sit here cause I'm to tired to get up and do anything you will want to get up and be active.
So the 1st step to getting healthy is to get your vitamins in! If you think you may have a Vitamin deficiency then head on over to your Dr and ask for your levels to be checked, make sure they are checking your Vitamin D as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment