Friday, February 25, 2011

A Break


Well 2 weekends ago I "ran" in a 10k called Ethans Run. Last year I did the 1 mile fun run with Stratton but this year I thought I should try the 10k. My Mom and her friend, Laurie came up to run it with us. My hip and my back were still not feeling a 100% but I was getting better. A couple miles in we decided to wait for my Cousin who was running it, I knew I wouldn't want to run the last 3 1/2 miles alone especially if I had never ran that far. It was great getting to go a few miles with her especially since we only see each other like once a year. Well after the run I got so sick and spent the next week in Bed not really able to do too much. I guess it was the break I needed though. After not doing anything for almost 2 years and going full force so fast my body hit a wall. So now I am slowly trying to get back into it and get into some great work outs without getting sick again. Ive had a nasty cold since half way thru last week or a sinus infection whatever it is it makes it hard to do too much so I am having to limit myself on what I am able to do. The best thing is to do that though and not push it. Pushing yourself when you still aren't feeling well will just make it worse and push you back further then giving yourself those extra couple days you need to feel better. Hope everything has had a nice week and for anyone else who has been sick I hope you are giving yourself time to heal and get back to feeling better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment